Monday, April 9, 2012

Poem - There Once Was a Girl













There once was a girl on a sunny day
She was having fun in a carefree way
In a field of flowers with the honey bee
This is how life should always be

But growing up brought many hardships
As she jumped in and out of relationships
The flowers were exchanged for stolen kisses
Followed by the sting and shame she now nurses

She let life bounce like a ball at its own will
Each bounce a piece of heart would kill
Looking for love, but in the end she found none
Life without rules brought pain instead of fun

This is not how life should be
She was created with purpose and a destiny
Not to be left without direction or only to fate
For her to turn around now is not too late

Her heart may be torn into tiny shreds
And hope hanging merely by threads
But as she opens her heart to God’s ways
He’ll bring her back to sunshiny days

He is the Great Creator and Master Restorer
He can put anyone’s life back in order
Each person must follow His leading and call
And by Christ’s Spirit He’ll not let us fall

By Christina Morley

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem, thanks for sharing. Following back and i look forward being part of your blog..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was truly a beautiful poem, and I enjoyed it very much! Thank you for the follow, I am now following your blog also.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful poem, It touched my heart. I can't wait for more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like reading poems. I have a poetry blog called Consider the Lilies. You can go to http://considertheliliespoetry.blogspot.com/
      Blessings!
      Tina

      Delete
  4. I love your poem...knowing we have a purpose gives life meaning...
    I am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi momto8! I began following you a day or two ago. I really liked your blog and it made me miss the family gatherings I used to be apart of in the States around Easter time. I have said in the past to a couple of my cousins via internet that since I miss family in America, I had to start my own here in South Africa.
      God bless!
      Tina

      Delete

© 2011 Happy Moms, Happy Homes, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena