Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Blood – Part 2 of 3

My daughter, Jessica, as a small child
Several years ago, my girls were having bad dreams. I thought it was strange since we were still praying the same way we did every night, but now those prayers no longer seemed effective. Soon after, my husband and I discovered some satanic paraphernalia just outside our property.

It was strung-out cassette tape which looked harmless, but we had learned previously that Satanists record curses on them. After they record their curses, they pull the tape out, twine it around brush or fencing, or secure it under rocks. This “weapon” is very unassuming and, therefore, easily overlooked. In our case, these strips of tape were placed on opposite sides of our neighborhood road. They were probably not specifically intended for us, but they were a problem.

I took my authority in Jesus Christ and dealt with it. I took oil in my hands and then prayed in Jesus’ name for the curses to be broken. I picked the stuff up and threw it away with the rest of our trash. I also replaced the curses with blessings while sprinkling the area with olive oil. Then I applied oil to our outside walls, windows, and doors for God’s protection. From then on the girls slept peacefully, and the oppression stopped.

We lived on a corner property, and the area where the tape had been placed was an accident-prone zone. Visibility for motorists turning left or right was poor because of low-growing tree branches obstructing the view. The same morning I removed the tape, my husband prayed that the municipality would come and cut the excess foliage away. Amazingly, they arrived that afternoon. There were no more road accidents at that spot while we lived there.




12 comments:

  1. I believe it. I have a similar story - my son was having night terrors, and we had just become Christians. They were really bad. One night, he woke up screaming. His brother in the top bunk always slept through his terrors except for this night. He awoke and asked us, why there were all these "people" in the bedroom with us. Freaked us out and so we laid hands on my son, prayed a mighty prayer (mind you we were rookies but the Holy Spirit took over and knew what to do) My other son never had any more night terrors again. Praise God. <><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never "seen" angels or demons with my own eyes, although I know people have. (But it is possible that I have entertained angels who had human bodies.) Personally, I'd rather see angels! :) I'm glad your one son could alert you to the trouble and that you guys stood in the authority that Christ has given you. Sometimes these things happen when you move into a new house or stay in a hotel room. The previous owners, renters, guests, etc. could have opened the door to evil spirits. Even builders in Japan pray a superstitious prayer and leave an idle in the roof of the new home as a "blessing." Just keep standing your ground. Thanks for sharing and God bless!

      Delete
  2. We've had to pray similarly over our kids and throughout our home. It was so bad one night that I brought it up to my next door neighbour who isn't a Christian because I needed to talk. That was a bad idea, they made me feel like I was crazy. That I was sleep deprived because I was taking care of my infant and 18 month old at the time. Though my sleep deprivation at the time was true, I choose to reject their assessment, after all they were not looking at this through a spiritual lens and cover my family with the blood of our Saviour and pray for protection. I also asked my strong Christian friends and family to pray for us. It has lessened but your post has just reminded me to stay vigilant where these things are concerned!
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing! I'm praying for you and the situation. If the Lord has provided this home for you, then it His place for His children and any remnant of evil must leave in Jesus' name. I'm also praying for your neighbor, that the Lord will open her eyes to understand that this is a spiritual world as much as it is a physical one and that she'll receive Christ as her Savior. One of my posts on Prayer is Powerful was about Christians keeping Christians in prayer as the Apostle Paul prayed for his brothers and sisters in Christ. God bless!

      Delete
  3. I agree with Denise an awesome post. There are times that I feel the presence of "others" in my home (yes my husband thinks I am crazy) but I know they are good. But I also feel that God has sent them to watch over us as their presence is now mostly felt when we are dealing with serious situations. They bring a calming feeling to us. If that makes any sense.

    I am visiting from the 99% exposure hop and am your newest follower. I am sure I will be back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kat! I'm now following you with GFC, Google+ and Pinterest. I also shared your latest blog post on things to do in New Jersey. You put a lot of effort into it! I saw you had a post on Tupperware. I used to be a Tupperware rep. when my first two kids were small. We have a shape-o toy too, but ours is blue and turquoise. :) Have a blessed day!

      Delete
  4. What an awesome testimony! I had no idea about the "cassette curses."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's our situation here in South Africa. We've seen the evidence at a couple of locations, including being placed with rocks along the roof of a college residence where we were once staying with an outreach team and another time we saw cassette tape tied to the back bumper of a vehicle with a Christian logo, but this type of attack can be removed and replaced with prayer and blessings.

      I don't know if this happens in the States. There is evil all around us, but by the grace of God and the authority that we have in Jesus, we don't have to live in fear. It's not about finding a demon behind every doorknob. It's about being informed, alert, and standing your ground. I don't advise Christians going into situations where the Lord has not led them to "practice" their authority. Go where God leads you and speak words that are Spirit-led. He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world! God bless!

      Delete
  5. Wow! This was fascinating! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, April, for visiting and leaving a comment! This is my eBook in blog format and I put it out there to bless people. I'm a bit slow, though, in updating my posts. My most active blog is at http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com

      Delete

© 2011 Happy Moms, Happy Homes, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena