Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Blood – Part 3 of 3


The blood makes us acceptable to Father God. Every time we take communion, we remember the blood of Jesus and the price He paid. The wine, or juice if you prefer, represents His blood and the forgiveness of our sins. Jesus taught that whenever the believers shared a meal together, they were to partake of this communion. For the early church, it was a regular occurrence presented in a natural way.

I’m concerned that church traditions of today have stifled this privilege by over-spiritualizing and over-restricting when and how we should partake of communion. We must be careful that our sole purpose for keeping church regulations is not to offend those who implement them. God is not so easily offended. What offends God is when we step away from worshiping Him in Spirit and in truth.

I believe that children are also meant to take part. Children born to a believing parent are under that parent’s spiritual covering. A child’s participation can be even more whole-hearted than our own. Jesus said that we should let the little children come to Him. He also said that the only way to receive the kingdom of God was like a child (Mark 10:13-15). We can learn about untainted faith from a child. In light of this, we need to be careful that our church rules don’t limit the children in expressing their faith.

Through Jesus’ blood, we become part of God’s family. Jesus is the firstborn, which makes Him our big brother. We might not look the same and we might not talk the same, but our redemption through Christ’s blood is the same. We are, therefore, all of the same stock. God has sealed us and set us apart by His Spirit.

11 comments:

  1. Truth Christina!
    The blood communion is a privilege and we must not offend God or His children by putting unlawful restrictions to it. Children especially should always be welcome like you said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ugochi! Even after posting part 3, I realized how little we have been taking communion as a family. Have you ever had communion presented in a different way other than at church? It can be very meaningful to experience it outside of "modern" tradition.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post! Not only is Communion a privilege, it is our right and a command to receive it as members of the body of Christ! (A command from our Lord: "Take, eat: this is my body...this do in remembrance...This cup...Do ye...")

    I visited a church once whose Pastor told me, as I stood in front of him ready to receive communion, that it was only for members (masking a myriad of possible reasons he questioned/was willing to deny me in front of everyone). I exercised my right as a Saved/Spirit-filled child of the Lord by telling him, "I am a Confirmed member of the living body of Christ". Instead of being happy at the news, he "resentfully" gave me communion. -My heart goes out to those who don't understand their blood-bought rights. I'm so happy you wrote this post. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you stood your ground. Those who try to control are only creating sects or a cult version of Christianity. Thankfully, God calls us into a relationship through the blood of Jesus and not into a religion.

      God bless!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Denise! Sending a prayer of blessing your way!

      Delete
  4. I love the communion at our church. It is not done in a traditional way, but I think holds so much more meaning that way. I love that you are a missionary in Africa, and have a great online ministry as well! I found you on the Mom's Mingle! Happy Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! I'm glad your communion experience at church is meaningful. That's wonderful! Our ministry is mostly on line at the moment. It's taking church beyond the 4 walls. :) We are faithfully sharing what God has blessed us with, lots of good teaching. I think the Apostle Paul's biggest impact on Christianity was through his writing.

      I'm now following back! God bless!

      Delete
  5. Hi Kristina! I replied to this message on another blog of mine. Thanks again and I'm following back! Have a great week! By the way, I have a blog hop on the go right now over on my parenting blog at http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad I found your blog!!!!! Following you :)

    http://thebees3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne! All the best with packing and moving! I'm now following with GFC and Pinterest. God bless!

      Delete

© 2011 Happy Moms, Happy Homes, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena