Sunday, July 8, 2012

Spiritual Warfare – Part 2 of 4

When Adam and Eve sinned, they unknowingly relinquished to Satan their authority on earth. But now, through the work on the cross, Jesus has been given all authority in heaven and on earth. He now sends us out into the world with that authority. We just have to learn how to walk in it.

Satan has two major goals. His first goal is to keep as many people as he possibly can from following the Lord. His second goal is to keep those who do follow the Lord from ever reaching their full potential. As with combatants in any battle, Satan not only has goals, but he also has strategies.

This is not the time for us moms to be spiritually asleep. God’s people are perishing for lack of knowledge (Hosea 4:6). Ignorance is no excuse. The Bible warns us to be always alert, prayerful, and wise.

One of Satan’s best strategies is to try to distract our focus from the real battle. The real battle is not against people, but against evil spirits. When we get tangled up in resentment, jealousy, anger, and hatred toward others, we lose the battle. We also end up wasting a lot of energy and a lot of negative emotions. To win this kind of war, we need to keep our eyes on Jesus, remain in His word, keep on praying, and keep on flowing in His love and forgiveness.

6 comments:

  1. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise! I hope you had a great visit with your sister!

      I'll be posting soon about what we did on Sunday evening. It was a big day for my eldest daughter. You can look out for it on my parenting blog at http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. Great post! I am here from the Make My Morning blog hop and am a new follower on GFC.

    www.adventureswithcaptaindestructo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm now following you back. I like the idea of posting a before and now photo of your little one. I see you have copyright on your blog. Does that kind of thing cost money? I haven't bothered with copyright, but my husband and I write all our own content, so it would be nice if all humans did the right thing and gave credit where credit is due. :)

      Tina - mom of 4, author and blogger of 5 blogs

      Delete
  3. Wonderful post! I shared this in two places. Of course I'm a follower of your site. :) Thank you for sharing this with me, also for linking up to the GTKY hop. Great seeing you there always. Take care! :D

    http://www.drinkyourgreensandminerals.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherlinda! It's always good news when someone shares what I've written. Thanks for getting the word out! I'll join your next hop if I see it in time. :)

      God bless!

      Delete

© 2011 Happy Moms, Happy Homes, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena